Partial Knee Replacement What You Should Know￼
A partial knee replacement, a.k.a. Unicompartmental Knee Replacement, the knee is just partially resurfaced. For certain persons with knee osteoarthritis, a partial knee replacement may be better than a whole one. This surgery can be performed when the injury is limited to a specific knee area. Only the damaged portion of the knee cartilage is replaced with a prosthesis in a partial knee replacement.
Compared to whole knee replacement patients, those who get partial knee replacements undergo surgery through a smaller incision, spend little to no time in the hospital, and resume their normal activities sooner.
Older patients who engaged in fewer activities used only to get partial knee replacement in gurgaon. Nowadays, younger patients are frequently treated with partial knee replacement in gurgaon, as their recovery is speedier and less painful. According to estimates, 5 to 6% of individuals with arthritic knees are eligible for partial knee replacement in gurgaon.
Who can undergo Partial Knee Replacement Surgery?
Your doctor could advise knee replacement surgery in Gurgaon if your osteoarthritis has progressed and nonsurgical treatments no longer ease your symptoms.
You must only have arthritis in one compartment of your knee to be a candidate for a unicompartmental replacement.
A partial knee replacement is the best treatment option for people with medial or lateral knee osteoarthritis. “Medial” is an internal compartment of the joint, which is the compartment closest to the opposite knee. In contrast, “lateral” refers to the outside compartment, the compartment farthest from the opposite knee. The most prevalent arthritic deformity is medial knee joint deterioration.
Other factors to be considered are-
- If your knee discomfort does not go away despite using anti-inflammatory medications and maintaining a healthy weight, you might want to think about having your knee replaced.
- Your healthcare professional will ask you to point out the knee location that is painful before examining the joint’s stability and range of motion. You can get a partial knee replacement if you have an X-ray of your knee. Before the procedure even starts, though, your surgeon might not be able to be confident that you are a good candidate.
- You need to have a stable knee, an intact anterior cruciate ligament, enough range of motion in the knee, and injury to just one compartment. The angle of the malformation is also taken into account.
You might not be qualified for the procedure if any of the following apply to you:
- inflammation in the joints
- severe knee stiffness
- Ligament injury
Modern unicompartmental knee replacements have shown outstanding medium- and long-term results in younger and older patients.
Advantages of Partial Knee Replacement-
According to multiple studies, unicompartmental knee replacement surgery in Gurgaon is a successful treatment for most patients who are good candidates.
Following are some benefits of partial knee replacement versus total knee replacement:
- Rapid recovery
- Surgery pain is reduced
- less bleeding
- Lowered danger of blood clots and infections
Additionally, many patients claim that a unicompartmental knee replacement feels more natural than a total knee replacement because the bone, cartilage, and ligaments in the healthy areas of the knee are preserved. A unicompartmental knee might bend more easily.
Knowledge is power, but half of the knowledge is dangerous. So keep yourself well-informed, especially when it comes to your health and specifically to your knee specialist in gurgaon. For expert advice and treatment, consult YKOrthopedics. Book your appointment at +91 8851376606