Total Hip Replacement
Common asked questions before Total Hip Replacement
What is hip Replacement surgery?
When can I walk after surgery?
Can I squat & sit cross legged after surgery?
Can I run and cycle after surgery?
Can it increase my leg length?
Have you been recommended to go in for Total Hip Replacement Surgery ?
Get an expert opinion.
Total Hip Replacement Surgery
What is Total Hip Replacement?
- Total Hip Replacement(THR) is replacing the damaged or broken head of the thigh bone and resurfacing the socket of the hip joint
- Total Hip Replacement can be done by cemented or uncemented technique depending upon patient’s bone stock
- These are various surfaces available for replacing the hip joint
- THR is performed for various conditions like fracture, arthritis, AVN etc.
Advantages of Total Hip Replacement
Muscle sparing surgery
Pain free hip joint
Fully active lifestyle
- Due to the excellent results of this surgery over past 100 years, it is officially labelled as the operation of the century
- With the advent of high quality ceramic material and ultra smooth metal surfaces, the results have become even better
- Dual mobility cups provide brilliant hip stability hence longer implant life