Expert Partial Knee Replacement Surgical Solutions
Common asked questions before partial knee replacement surgery(Unicondylar knee replacement
What is UKR and how is it different from Total Knee Replacement
Am I the right candidate for UKR?
Will I need any further surgeries in future?
What are the additional benefits of UKR?
Can I return back to an active lifestyle after surgery?
Am I too old for UKR surgery?
Have you been recommended to go in for Partial Knee Replacement Surgery ?
Send your Reports for a FREE Expert Consultation
Partial Knee Replacement Surgery
What is Partial/Unicondylar knee replacement surgery?
- Partial knee replacement primarily involves removing/resurfacing one of the condyles of knee(commonly medial condyle) following osteoarthritis, traumatic arthritis or any other cause leading to loss of cartilage in one particular area
- The damaged surfaces are refashioned and fixed with smooth metal buttons with to without the use of cement
- The metal implants can be made of Cobalt-Chromium alloy, zirconium coated or oxinium coated
- It is a minimally invasive variety of knee replacement where only the damaged part of the knee joint is replaced while preserving the intact joint surface.
- The patient is relieved of the pain and most of the natural components of the knee are retained